Insect Repellent Plants
Categories : News
You can plant particular plants in your garden to repel insects like mosquitos and flies!
In our shop, we have a wide variety of plants that you can use.
The following include:
- Basil- Repels house flies and mosquitoes. You can use fresh basil to make an insect repellent spray.
- Lavender- Repels moths, fleas, flies and mosquitoes.
- Lemongrass- Repels mosquitoes.
- Lemon Thyme- Repels mosquitoes.
- Mint- Repels mosquitoes.
- Rosemary- Repels mosquitoes and a variety of insects harmful to vegetable plants.
- Sage- Repels mosquitoes.
- Catnip- Repels mosquitoes.
- Lemon balm- Repels mosquitoes.
- Bay leaves- Repel flies.
- Chives- Repel carrot flies, Japanese beetle and aphids.
- Dill- Repels aphids, squash bugs, spider mites, cabbage loopers and tomato hornworms.
- Fennel- Repels aphids, slugs and snails.
- Oregano- Repels many pests.
- Parsley- Repels asparagus beetles.
- Thyme- Repels whiteflies, cabbage loopers, cabbage maggots, corn earthworms, whiteflies, tomato hornworms and small whites.
- Chrysanthemums- Repel roaches, ants, Japanese beetles, ticks, silverfish, lice, fleas, bedbugs, spider mites, harlequin bugs and root-knot nematodes.
- Marigolds- repels aphids, mosquitoes, and even rabbits.
- Nasturtiums- Repel whiteflies, squash bugs, aphids, many beetles and cabbage loopers.
- Petunias- Repel aphids, tomato hornworms, asparagus beetles, leafhoppers and squash bugs.
- Geraniums- Geraniums can repel leafhoppers and other types of insects.
- Floss Flowers- Repel mosquitoes.
- Common lantanas- Repel mosquitoes.
- Four o'clocks- Attract but poison Japanese beetle.
- Narcissus- Repel moles.
- Pitcher Plants- Repel mosquitoes.
Share in the comments if you knew this already!
Let us know your experience with the above plants :)